JOB VACANCY: Communications and Media Officer
Our media and communications star has gone on to greater things.
FIRST Union wishes to make a new appointment to this role.
This is a permanent full-time position. It can be undertaken from either the Auckland or Wellington Offices of FIRST Union.
This position is responsible for the media (including social media) and communications of the union and the development of the union’s strategy within this area. The position incudes being media advisor to the General Secretary, participating in campaign teams and developing publicity material for the union
The successful applicant will have experience in media and communications work. S/he will have sympathy with union principles, a commitment to working for social justice and worker rights and a passion to keep FIRST Union and workers stories in the news. The successful candidate must have:
• Communications, journalistic, design and writing skills
• Ability to use all forms of media outreach to union members and the public including print, radio, television and social media (including web-site management) and to stay on top of developing trends in the media and broader communication
• Ability to work in a team or independently with minimum supervision
• Awareness of economic, social and political issues, particularly as they impact on our members in our industries and of policy development in general
• Ability to reach into communities where FIRST Union is seeking to increase its profile
Please apply to: Lynn O’Callaghan at FIRST Union, Private Bag 92904, Onehunga, Auckland 1061 or email Lynn.email@example.com
. Job descriptions are also available from Lynn on request.
Applications close at noon on Wednesday 14 January 2015. An appointment will be made by the end of January 2015.
FIRST Union is an equal opportunity employer